Jensten Underwriting have had an incredible twelve months of growth and have had national recognition in multiple industry awards celebrating their customer focus, and innovative approach. As the business grows and develops it needs to continue to attract and develop key people leaders to drive the business forward.
We are pleased to currently be recruiting a newly created role as Head of Trading whereby we are seeking a commercially astute trading underwriter to lead the team, manage key external relationships and take bottom line responsibility across several classes of business.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure the teams financial targets are met by having a deep underwriting of performance against budget, key drivers and formulating defined actions where appropriate
- Ensure the team provide a first class service to our broker partners by overseeing the day to day operations of the team including workflow and productivity
- Be an active member of the Jensten Underwriting management board, helping drive our strategic goals across the business and role modelling the Jensten Group values
You will act as the catalyst for growth combining technical knowledge, market relationships and a collaborative leadership style to get the best out of a high performing and high potential team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and leadership of the Complex Commercial Underwriting team within Jensten Underwriting
- Where required, Underwrite own portfolio of new and existing business renewals each month, including the negotiation and provision of quotation and renewal invitations to brokers
- Monitor team performance on new business written, retention, rating and profitability
- Manage workloads to ensure terms and documentation is provided to brokers in line with required service standards
- Foster deep and meaningful trading relationships with our broker partners, as well as internal stakeholders including Sales & Distribution, Underwriting and Pricing and our retail division
- Be the senior conduit with our Capacity providers, developing deep and meaningful trading relationships
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure the firm remains competitive in terms of products and services offered
- Monitor levels of satisfaction and take action as necessary to drive continuous improvement and growth
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place nearly £600m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too. And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and Benefits, making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.