We have a great opportunity for an experienced & motivated Account Executive to join our team here at Packetts (part of the Jensten Group), who are proud to be one of the UK’s most respected Insurance Brokers- and one of its oldest with a history dating back over 100 years. Packetts are Chartered Insurance Brokers, looking after a wide range of clients across many industry sectors. We have specialisms in the training, not-for-profit, and insolvency sectors as well as looking after high net worth private clients. You’ll be based at our Shipley office, although we can be flexible with hybrid working and location for the right person. Reporting to the Director, the main purpose of the role is to retain and grow an existing book of business within the Trainsure team (a specialist and niche sector)- the focus here being on growth. The book is made up of long-standing clients who have a strong relationship with us. You’ll be working closely with a team of dedicated and capable Account Handlers, who will be there to help and achieve the desired outcomes. Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Offer and present insurance solutions including insurance policies and other risk management solutions, with purpose to secure renewal and/or new business. To assist in team performance by regular communication with colleagues and manager to establish and raise concerns and provide solutions.
- Identify and pursue cross-selling, up-selling and similar opportunities. Utilise all leads provided to you by the company and develop new and efficient ways to increase the quote volume.
- Achieve or exceed agreed volume of Quotes/Sales/Income generated from all marketing sources including own personal prospecting activity.
- To understand client’s business operations, opportunities and risks and their approach to risk management and insurance.
- To ensure compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA
As one of our Account Executives you’ll inherit a book of existing business to look after and grow, in addition to developing your own connections. You be able to build & strengthen relationships easily, doing client visits and staying in regular communication. You’ll have a passion for providing solutions- and a flair for spotting opportunities that will help existing and new clients going forward. You will also be or have:
- Insurance industry background- especially in Commercial (essential)
- Passion and flair for new business (essential)
- Have an existing client base to bring across, to help grow the book of business (ideally)
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner, being able to network & build working relationships easily
- Drive and genuine passion to learn and develop within Insurance and sales
- Worked in a similar role previously, with experience of working with Insurers and clients
- Good attention to detail and can multi-task, updating relevant systems and admin
- Full Driving Licence
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- Flexibility with Hybrid working options (3 in the office and 2 from home once settled in)
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover- a massive X4 of salary
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £500m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.