Basil Fry are an industry leading specialist who have recently joined the Jensten Group as a continuation of their ambitious growth strategy. They are currently looking to recruit a Claims Adjuster to join the Removal Claims Service (RCS) team expertly led by Amy King.
RCS are at the heart of our business; managing customers’ goods claims on a delegated authority for several different insurers. You will be working in a well-established, experienced team handling an allocation of Marine, Inland and Self-storage claims on a delegated authority basis. The team handle over 5,500 claims on a delegated authority basis annually. You will need to be able to work independently, following your training whilst actively being involved in a friendly team and department.
Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating claims under delegated authority in a timely and professional manner
- Evaluate insurance claims and determine coverage eligibility based on policy terms and conditions
- Ensuring all claims are dealt with in-line with policy wordings and requirements.
- Negotiate with and conduct correspondence with Claimants/Removers/Insurers/ Loss Adjusters/Removers/ Repairers/Suppliers
- Instruct and liaise with other professional advisers on an “as required” basis – eg. Solicitors, Valuers, Expert Witnesses
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all claim activities and communications
- Prioritising and maintaining own workload keeping within insurers’ agreed SLAs
- Stay updated on industry trends, legal developments, and best practices related to loss adjusting
Ideally, you’ll have previous experience in this field of work, but will be expected to have exceptional organisational skills, and the communication skills necessary to not only deal with insurers on a professional level but work with customers who have been affected by theft, or damage caused fire and flood.
Having have experience within claims setting would be an advantage although full training will be given for the right candidate.
You’ll also be or have:
- Ideally experience in claims with knowledge and understanding of coverage terms, and claims procedure
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to understand various Policy wordings/Terms and Conditions
- Cert CII highly preferred or willing to work towards this qualification
- Ability to use your own initiative and work well with others
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Basil Fry is part of the Jensten group, which was launched in 2018 and is now one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place nearly £600m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and Benefits, making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.