Darwin Clayton Partner Brokers is seeking an Assistant Manager to join their Underwriting team in Tunbridge Wells office - hybrid working options are available (3 from home, 2 in the office following completion of your training period).
At Darwin Clayton Partner Brokers, we are passionate about forming long-lasting and trusted partnerships with our Brokers. We work closely with UK-leading insurers to give access to our exclusive schemes, while our growing team of specialists are dedicated to providing a personal and professional service that is second-to-none.
Reporting into the Manager, and working within a tight knit team, the main purpose of the role is to manage the daily to day functions of Partner Broker team, including working towards new business and retention targets.
Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Providing a quality service to Partner Brokers and where required direct clients covering all aspects of the insurance arrangement
- Monitor, manage, support and assist the team in the completion of their duties including working towards new business and renewal targets, carrying out 1-2-1’s, appraisals, training and mentoring
- Directly manage the Broker relationships across the division
- Manage and report on the new business activities and targets undertaken by the Partner Broker team and seek cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within the Commercial account portfolio
- Produce required management information and reports as requested from senior management
- To provide a comprehensive service to all customers, brokers, both existing or new clients, including problem solving, and claims management, referring to Directors, senior colleagues, experts or insurers when issues fall outside own experience and knowledge
As our Assistant Manager, you’ll have experience of Scheme Underwriting and the qualities needed to successfully manage a team including the ability to motivate, communicate organisation strategy, monitor objectives and progress and provide clear guidance and feedback.
You will also be or have:
- At least 3 years Commercial Insurance industry background, ideally with experience in Delegated Authority or Schemes
- Cert CII qualified
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital), to the team and management
- The ability to active listening and provide constructive feedback
- Great customer service and communication skills with an excellent telephone manner, being able to build working relationships easily
- Attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task, updating relevant systems where necessary
- A good knowledge of Microsoft office and Acturis
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme
- Hybrid working with 2 day based from the office
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Darwin Clayton is a multi-award winning UK Insurance Broker, part of the Jensten Group; it has a reputation within the insurance industry for delivering quality products at competitive premiums. First established in London in 1920, the company was started to provide specialist insurance to clients with distinct needs. In response to the demand from brokers, the need to create a dedicated wholesale business was identified enabling Darwin Clayton Partner Brokers to be formed. Darwin Clayton Partner Brokers was established in 2016, utilising the wealth of experience of Darwin Clayton, whilst offering a fresh approach with an enthusiastic and dedicated team. Darwin Clayton was acquired by the Jensten Group in May 2023.
Launched in 2018 Jensten Group is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £600m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!