Are you a confident manipulator and interpreter of data? Do you have an intuition and intrigue in how things are done? Then this could be a great role for you to broaden your career in a team that is rapidly expanding and significantly influencing the performance and growth for one of the UKs most exciting and fastest growing Insurance businesses.
This role offers great career prospects and a great steppingstone into bigger things in a company that is data led and growing rapidly.
The right candidate will be joining a fast paced and dynamic business and will help to contribute towards its growth though managing the underwriting performance data and reporting across of all Jensten Underwriting products.
We are ideally looking for someone that can commute to the London office 1-2 times a month but for the right candidate, you could work remotely from anywhere within the UK, but will be required to visit the London office for meetings on occasions.
Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Data Warehouse team to ensure Data Feeds are robust and meet the needs of the business.
- Taking ownership of Master Data Management tables for Wholesale Business.
- Build SQL Tables to store key Underwriting information, such as risk data, Claim data and earned premiums.
- Extract and Transform data to Build & maintain Fair Value reporting, Loss Ratio triangles, Business mix and Conversion reports across Jensten products.
- Build & maintain Fair Value reporting, Loss Ratio triangles, Business mix and Conversion reports across Jensten products.
- Push continuous improvement in reporting and data quality throughout the Business
As our Underwriting Data & Reporting Manager, you will need to have excellent data management skills, particularly using Excel and SQL. You will set up robust processes to ensure accurate Data & Reporting and that allows the business to make quick confident decisions.
You’ll also be or have:
- Ideally have worked in the Insurance sector in a similar role
- Strong analytical capability; experience of Fair Value Reporting, insurance pricing and monitoring systems would be advantageous
- Self-starter with a collaborative and innovative approach to working
- Strong organisational skills to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills to converse and present findings
- Power BI skills would be preferable
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place nearly £600m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and Benefits, making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.