Are you an experienced Insurance professional with the drive, enthusiasm, and energy to become our New Business Account Handler? Do you like to achieve and exceed targets whilst having a strong client service approach?
Here at Darwin Clayton, we are seeking a New Business Account Handler to work with our New Business Account Executive to support and develop new business opportunities, to achieve and exceed our growth targets. In addition, you will also work alongside your colleagues in the existing business team, offering support and administration services to clients and Account Executives.
You will join the friendly and support team in our Nottingham office; the main purpose of the role is to work closely with and support our New Business Account Executive to establish new business prospects and develop these through all stages of the business development lifecycle, to successful completion; providing a quality and compliant service.
Darwin Clayton is a multi-award-winning UK Insurance Broker, part of the Jensten Group; it has built a solid reputation of quality and innovation in broking services. Our experienced team of Account Executives are well placed to help clients across the UK, enabling us to provide a personal and face-to-face service.
Key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- To fully and actively support the activities of the New Business Executives and the Account Executives in order to support the growth of Darwin Clayton (UK) Ltd overall
- To seek and realise cross-selling and up-selling opportunities in all dealings with your existing allocated Clients
- To provide a quality service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements, including: Pre-renewal and renewal processing, claims handling, Mid-term adjustments, premium collection and Client and insurer queries
- To ensure compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA & Consumer Duty.
- To assist in team performance by regular communication with colleagues and manager to establish and raise concerns and provide solutions.
As a New Business Account Handler, you’ll have experience of handling commercial risks within the Insurance Industry and good understanding of Commercial Insurance products. You’ll have the drive and motivation to achieve and exceed targets whilst delivery excellent service to your clients.
You will also be or have:
- Strong Communication
- Motivation to work towards and achieve team and individual targets
- Experience in handling and converting new business leads
- Ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines when required, without supervision
- Able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Relevant qualifications (e.g Cert CII) or working towards
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and strong bonus scheme
- Hybrid working once training is completed
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Darwin Clayton is a multi-award winning UK Insurance Broker, part of the Jensten Group; it has a reputation within the insurance industry for delivering quality products at competitive premiums. First established in London in 1920, the company was started to provide specialist insurance to clients with distinct needs. Darwin Clayton was acquired by the Jensten Group in May 2023.
Launched in 2018 Jensten Group is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £400m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!