Are you a client focussed and diligent person who loves exceeding expectations? Do you want to work in a business that values integrity, teamwork and development? If yes, and you would like a career in Insurance that has many exciting and varied opportunities please consider applying to join our team.
Here at Jensten Underwriting in Huntingdon, we are seeking client focused Assistant Underwriter who has a collaborative and innovative approach to working and wants to join our inclusive and friendly team. The Assistant Underwriter role offers a generous salary and excellent company benefits on a hybrid working approach (Tues-Thurs in the office, Mon - Fri at home).
You will be working in a team of experienced Underwriters within our Property E-trading team who will support and train you in a variety of products we offer our Brokers. Many of our managers and most valued colleagues began their careers in these roles and are still in the business today to offer their advice and mentoring support.
Primary duties of this Assistant Underwriter job include:
- Answering incoming phone calls from Brokers and assisting them with new business enquiries
- Ensuring the correct documents and information are available for each quotation
- Processing mid-term adjustments and cancellations, ensuring the correct premium is calculated
- Inviting renewal on the best terms available
- Ensuring claims records are updated for Property Owners’ policies
- You will also incorporate the Group’s values into every procedure
As an Assistant Underwriter, you will provide a professional, prompt and efficient service to our Brokers and Insurers. You will have a strong verbal and written communication skills and have experience for customer service environment.
You will also be or have:
- An active listener with a strong client focused approach
- Attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task, updating relevant systems where necessary
- Problem solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively with the wider team
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office
Rewards & Benefits:
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- Flexibility with Hybrid working options (3 in the office and 2 from home once settled in)
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £600m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!