Are you a Team Leader with Insurance experience? Do you love to lead, mentor, develop and motivate people? Do you want to work in a business that values integrity, teamwork and development?
Here at Jensten Underwriting, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Insurance Professional to lead our team of Account Handlers.
You will report to the Head of Trading, Digital & Schemes and lead our team of 14 Account Handlers base out of our Huntingdon head office. The primary purpose of the role is to provide inspirational, inclusive, and collaborative leadership; taking responsibility for ensuring service delivery targets are hit.
Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Daily management of the Trading team, including carrying out 1-2-1’s, monitoring KPI’s, and resource planning
- Taking responsibility for ensuring service delivery targets are met, delegating effectively and escalating issues where appropriate
- Monitoring and reporting to the Senior Manager on performance and trends
- Overseeing and designing processes and controls, focusing on the management of risks
- Creating business cases for change and investment whilst driving local continuous improvement activities
- Promoting an inclusive and diverse culture where learning, development and colleague engagement is a priority
- Supporting career progression and development opportunities in the function and the wider group
As the Team Leader, you will ensure that the team provide a professional, prompt and efficient service to our Brokers and Insurers. You will be working closely with the Head of Trading, Digital & Schemes and the Head of Trading Operations, so experience of collaborative leadership and strong communication skills are essential.
You will also be or have:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous experience of leading a team, monitoring KPI’s, 1-2-1’s and resource planning
- General knowledge and experience of the Insurance market and legislation requirements
- Experience of leading a team in a contact centre environment
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ideally have your Cert CII or working/willing to work towards it
Rewards & Benefits:
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
Flexibility with Hybrid working options (3 in the office and 2 from home once settled in)
27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
Group Life Assurance cover- a massive X4 of salary
3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Jensten Underwriting is part of the Jensten group, which was launched in 2018 and is now one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £400m Gross Written Premium (GWP) into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. This is why we are not just one of the leading independent insurance groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!