We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Account Handler based from our High Wycombe office, to join us here at J Bennett & Son (part of the Jensten Group). Reporting to the MD and working within a high performing team, the main purpose of the role is to provide efficient, high quality and professional service to a portfolio of clients, focussing on retention, growth and new business. Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Offer and present insurance solutions including insurance policies and other risk management solutions, with purpose to secure renewal and/or new business. To assist in team performance by regular communication with colleagues to establish and raise concerns and provide solutions.
- Identify and pursue cross-selling, up-selling and similar opportunities. Utilise all leads provided to you by the company and develop new and efficient ways to increase the quote volume.
- Achieve or exceed agreed volume of Quotes/Sales/Income generated from all marketing sources including own personal prospecting activity.
- To understand client’s business operations, opportunities and risks and their approach to risk management and insurance.
- To ensure compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA
As one of our Account Handlers, you’ll support the Account Executives in providing the same value-added service to their allocated clients and identify development/growth opportunities. There could also be the opportunity to become our lead SME Account Handler in the near future- running and growing your own book of business. You will also be or have:
- Insurance background- especially in Commercial (ideally)
- Experience as an Account Handler with progressive Insurance background- with experience of working with Insurers and clients
- Relevant qualifications (e.g Cert CII) or working towards (ideally)
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner, being able to network & build working relationships easily
- Drive and genuine passion to learn and develop within Insurance
- Able to use initiative and can multi-task, updating relevant systems and admin
- Acturis systems knowledge & experience (ideally)
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- Flexibility with Hybrid working options (3 in the office and 2 from home once settled in)
- 27 days annual leave (includes your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + Bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover- a massive X4 of salary
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £300m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.