We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Handler based from our London office, to join us here at the Jensten Group. This role would suit someone who wants to develop their career and become an Account Executive in the future. Reporting and working closely with the Senior Account Executive, you will work on a book of business that has long standing clients that have been developed over a long period of time. The book is a mixture of International, complex commercial, SME and some High Net Worth.
The main purpose of the role is to manage insurance renewals, working with clients to assess risks and claims history- and using market knowledge and expertise, to put forward the right products and services. You'll be delivering extraordinary client service to drive retention and new business, working within our commercial strategy and compliance framework. Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Handling renewals and mid-term adjustments by assessing the risk and claims information held on file, taking additional information from clients and obtaining quotations from insurers.
- Putting forward renewal quotations to customers in a timely manner and chasing for instructions with the view of achieving optimum profitable renewal retention rate and growth within the set timescales.
- Dealing with mid-term adjustments by writing to Insurers or inputting the details on the Insurers’ extranet systems as soon as they are received to ensure cover is in place in the required timescale.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with clients, and effectively analyse client needs and develop solutions.
- Respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with customers and/or insurers or other business contacts are accurately recorded.
- Attending joint visits with the Senior Account Executive.
As our Account Handler, you’ll have excellent communication and written skills with a keen eye for detail & accuracy. You will be the type of person who wants to constantly develop, and you can expect fantastic career progression, training & development within the role and Insurance Industry in general. You will also be or have:
- Insurance background- especially in Commercial (ideally)
- Experience as an Account Handler with progressive Insurance background- with experience of working with Insurers and clients
- Relevant qualifications (e.g Cert CII) or working towards (ideally)
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner, being able to network & build working relationships easily
- Drive and genuine passion to learn and develop within Insurance
- Able to use initiative and can multi-task, updating relevant systems and admin
- Acturis systems knowledge & experience (ideally)
Rewards & Benefits
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- Flexibility with Hybrid working options (3 in the office and 2 from home once settled in)
- 25 days annual leave, plus a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover- a massive X4 of salary
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £300m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.