Jensten Underwriting are recruiting for a Senior Construction Underwriter to strengthen its leadership and technical capability, within this core specialism.
Following a stellar year since the launch of Jensten Underwriting that has culminated in being awarded 5-Star MGA status by Insurance Business UK, we are seeking to recruit this key role as we look to build on the success and drive our ambitious growth strategies forward in this key specialism.
We are seeking a leader to provide reliable and expert advice to the business in relation to the underwriting standards & philosophies required to deliver profitable underwriting performance for both Jensten Underwriting and the supporting capacity providers through managing both new and existing business cases.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Be the senior authority holder for our construction proposition, taking referrals, coaching and training more junior members of the team
- Work closely with our London Markets team to ensure that we are offering brokers options, even when are unable to put forward in-house underwritten solutions
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of construction risks, utilising new and existing broker relationships and cross referrals from other Jensten group businesses
- Work with our Underwriting & Product team and capacity providers to develop appropriate construction products
- Underwrite, negotiate and provide new and existing business terms with brokers
- Monitor performance on income and profitability to ensure targets are met
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure the firm remains competitive in terms of products and services offered
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £600m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.