Our business is growing rapidly and we want an ambitious Underwriter to join us on this growth journey. You will have plenty of opportunity to learn and develop in a supportive environment that encourages CPD and affords plenty of opportunity for progression, across the Group.
This role sits within the underwriting team at based in our London office at Marlow House but will involve an element of home working as we embrace a hybrid model moving forward.
The right candidate will be joining a fast paced and dynamic business and will help to contribute towards its growth through the underwriting result.
- To underwrite new business risks, renewal risks and mid-term adjustments in line with agreed authority limits.
- Ensure that all underwriting guidelines and binder requirements are adhered to.
- Develop rapport and strong business relationships with our broker panel through a trading mentality when underwriting.
- To take ownership of certain brokers accounts and be used as their main point of contact.
- Adhere to service level agreements (SLA’s) put in place for the broker panel.
- Provide support to underwriting team members where required.
- Understand how the broker panel is segmented and what the broker development plan means to the business.
- Understand the company KPI’s and goals of the business and what is required to achieve them.
Launched in 2018 Jensten is one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place place over £300m GWP into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. Which is why we are not just one of the leading independent broking groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
Our goal is to have people in our Group that enjoy being part of one team with the shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. A big part of how we do this is by listening and then acting on what we hear. Our EVP work is key to maintaining and enhancing our culture and making Jensten Group a fantastic place to work, learn and grow.
And that is why you should join us! To learn more please contact Tom Beale, Jamie Lewis or Dan Dart.